Monday, May 09, 2005

Slimming

Have you ever tried slimming before?

Last weekend, my gf and I went for a 'slimming' shopping around Damansara Utama. In DU, the convenience of the adjacent slimming centres are just the best to shop for slimming packages. We called up a few slimming centres and managed to make appointments for the few weekends to come. Our main intention is to try out those slimming centres that offer 1st trial package at a very minimal charge, i.e. RM18, RM19, RM49 and RM59 (max). However, it also depends on the type of slimming session they offered with such low prices.

Our 1st trial was with Terimee. Thought it will be a good one since their publicity is so huge with Charmaine Sheh as their ambassador. So, here it goes, our experience with Terimee.

  • Made appointment by calling them up just outside their shop. Was hiding in the car with my gf.
  • Without much explanation, they issued us a receipt for the 1st trial at RM19.90 per person. We felt kind of awkward because we have to pay before the session. Reason given, in case they forget..??????????..
  • The beauticians and consultants' appearance are below our expectation. There is no professionalism in them. They can't speak proper English, in fact not even one. They can't speak proper Cantonese too and they prefer to converse in Mandarin.
  • In fact, we have to ask them what are they going to do us. So, they offered us the thermal blanket for our 1st trial. The Thermal Blanket is a process whereby they wrap you up in a hot blanket to reduce your water retention, in turn you will shed off a few grams, as in very minimal grams only....not kilos....*mmmm how i wish*.... There is one slimming centre which offered garlic slim wrap (i have heard of chilli wrap which is quite common nowadays, but garlic wrap) - can't imagine the smell you have to bear....*eeeewwwwww*.....
  • We are not suppose to wear anything except for the disposable panties. As we dont have one, so we requested from them. Usually they will have to provide such to us as it is part of their services, but no, we have to pay for it. RM1 for each. After changing, they took us to the measurement room, whereby they took down our weight and also our waist measurement by wearing their custom made short pants with sizes ranging from 22 - 30+.
  • They started off with a sea salt scrub before wrapping us up in the hot blanket. The whole session will take around 45 mins. The experience was so torturing to be wrapped under the hot blanket and being motionless for at least 30 mins. We couldnt take it anymore, so we requested to be unwrapped 5 mins earlier, if not we will be swooned.
  • After unwrapping, we are suppose to rest for at least 5-10 mins to let our body cool down. The feeling to me it's like a few rounds of jog. The exhausted feel. But it was a relief tho....*phewwwww*
  • Went for a bath, thereafter, our measurements were taken down again to see the results. But i guess they cheated on the waist measurement as the first measurement was taken with loose fittings but the second one was taken with tighter fittings.
The consultant was not too happy with our refusal to sign the package. She kept giving us the negative remarks that even exercise can't help much and delay no more before your fats turn into stubborn fats *Duhhhhh......as if*
One word to describe the impression we had on Terimess - UNPROFESSIONAL

9 comments:

Veron said...

hahah..... if me, i'm sure pist.... lol

why not try Mayfair ???
actually i try it before >_< but the hot blanket thing and wrapping thing is just fine for me, though like you said, it's itchy when ur sweat rolling down ur face , hahahah ......

i'm a curious person, never try, never know.... =p

nice day !

Shizumi said...

Did call up Mayfair but they dont have 1st trial package.

Anonymous said...

when i sign up a course,they ask me to go there for teatment in alternative day .my weigth r hard to reduce.that's why i need their help.if i can do by myself,why i must waste my money?
Until now i just hv 1/3 of my slimming course.When i want to continue the treatment,they keep asking me to maintain the weigth b4.if not i cannot continue the treatment.
so.now i just hv another 1/2 yr to finish my course.if not,it will laps.is it fair ?
last 2 week,I hv call up to cancel the course,they said contact me later.until now i still not receive any call.is this the best service they give?

Anonymous said...

Spent nearly 10K on the slimming package which took me 4 months to drop 8 kilos. The service is really that bad. All workers only speak mandarin and sometimes are rude to you. At a case where i was transfered to Ipoh from SJ due to work, it took them 3 weeks to sent my items down. I was so mad, i screw up the manager. Spending 10K and yet not getting good services. It is absolutely rubbish. Now i am trying Mayfair (they do have 1st trial which is RM29.90) the UMDRL and chili wrap which has effect in my arms and legs but not on the stomach. Should call up unisense fro the 1st trial. I see, it is quite good. Anyway good luck in searching a good slimming centre.!

Anonymous said...

first on my experience at terimee,actually not soo bad for me bcos what i want in slimming is for the result not their professional in slimming,i lose 16kg in 2mth,they all is actually is very proffesional and very friendly in every way.i would likr thank them for not wasting my money,kampatih terimee

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices seeking the velcros are all over 310 dollars everwhere. But definitively I base this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular model. The prices as regards the boots were about 210 bucks everwhere. But finally I set this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy those. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

good evening people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching allowing for regarding that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the sneakers are about 330 pounds everwhere. But for all I base this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what can you tell me about these?