Wednesday, August 03, 2005

In denial

Was really frustrated with this colleague of mine. He took back our department's notebook for some proposal that he needed to do. In fact, the notebook was loaded with some expensive application that we paid in Euro dollars 2 years back.

So, yesterday, he came back with the notebook telling me that something went wrong and the notebook couldnt boot up. The whole thing gone! He claimed that he didnt touch or erase anything from the notebook. He also told me that her daughter did play some games using the notebook. Hence, I presumed that her daughter must have accidentally erased it or something.

Do you think it will be just like that out of a sudden without touching anything? I dont think so as I have checked with my MIS guy and he informed that definitely he has done something that causes the problem (unintentionally).
Worst part is, he kept on denying and saying 'I dont know' and 'I didnt do anything' in repetition. Come on, just admit that 'maybe' you or your daughter have accidentally press some buttons that causes it to be like this lah.

3 comments:

Veron said...

hahaha... ppl kiasu mah.... if he admit... all blames on him lo.... therefore... he must deny till the end... just to cover lah....

sigh ~

luckily the notebook is fine now rite??

nice day !

Shizumi said...

Yup, luckily! If not, I am prepared to tell boss already.

And usually I will remind whoever that borrows the notebook, to handle with care and make sure do not delete anything from it.

But yet still.....sigh

izchan said...

machines fail all the time.

mostly due to human mishandling.

yet there is always a chance that the thing just stopped working.

... well it could ... :(