Tuesday, April 26, 2005

To love or to be loved

Last time I used to have this thought that it's best to find someone that loves you more than you love him. When it became an open discussion with my girl friends, they also agreed to this proposition. However, after much excogitation, I have realised that I prefer to love than to be loved. Why so? Cause when you love someone, you will put in more effort for your love to last, to be as beautiful as it is and to be the backbone of our lives forever. Having the intense love inside you and in a reflex manner, you will .......

:: try your hardest at all times to be fair and honest with him
:: strive for your own goals and help him achieve his
:: always try to understand him
:: always let you know what you are thinking
:: always try to support him
:: always try to successfully blend both of your lives together with enough freedom to grow as individuals
:: always consider each day with him is special
:: regardless of what events occur in both of your lives, you will make sure that both of your relationship flourishes forever

But of course, it would be more perfect if the other party feels the same way too.

This has relate me to this situation that I am currently facing. There is this guy who loves me a lot. I would say that he is the type of guy that every girl would dream for, a perfect boyfriend. Girls out there are hoping to get hitch with him. Many potential ones but he rejected all of them. I do have feelings for him but I dont think it's a strong one, as part of my feelings are still glued to the previous one...*hmmphhh* I know, one day if the guy would to leave me (give up), I will definitely regret. I did try giving ourselves a chance but I felt that without the love feeling in me, I would not put in much effort. Yes, love will grow but I think I will have to drain out the other one first.

As for the previous one, I would do so much for him as I love him too much. No matter how much he hurts me, I will still forgive and forgive and still love him the same. Am I crazy or what?

Perhaps, love is just too complicated.


2 comments:

izchan said...

I think that love is an objective thing. Of course, if I were to be the one that is doing the loving, I would show the girl how much I do love her. Its not a game of give and take, rather one that runs by give and give more.

That is untill there is nothing left to give. Then it becomes something else totally.

To love or to be loved?

I think the question should be, how much do you love yourself. Because if you realy love yourself, you will know that being loved and loving others are the two sides of the same coin. Neither is better and neither is worst.

Shizumi said...

Thanks Izchan. Perhaps you are right. Maybe I have confused myself over this question.