Saturday, June 04, 2005

Blind Date?

Got to know a guy from Friendster. Read his profile and saw his photos. Had been communicating via email and found him to be a nice person (vaguely).

From his first message, he is already persuading me to go out on a date. He never fails to send me message everyday asking me to go out. Very persistent and desperate guy! I kept rejecting him over and over again until yesterday. Decided to go out, not with him but to meet him in Rum Jungle since my friends invited me to go there as well. I see no harm as I have my friends around with me, just in case he turns to the wild side.

As this is our first meeting, he didnt officially introduce himself, in turn I have to go through my own self-introduction. *Fine with that*. Getting myself comfortable with the environment as it was my first time to Rum Jungle. Had few rounds of drinks with my friends before squirming my way to his table, as he wanted to have a drink with me. Smart tip : Always bring along your own glass.

The night was short, as all of us were tired and hungry. With courtesy, I went and excuse myself for leaving early but he insisted that I have a last drink with him. Alright, he is starting to freak me out. I know he is a party animal and with his previous experience working in this entertainment line, he can be declared as a good drinker. But hey, it's not a masthead for me. He kept insisting that I bottoms-up the drink before I leave for the night. He knew that I cant take it anymore as I told him that I puked twice. *Just not my night for drinking*. Eventually, he let me go, having futile effort.

During supper, messages kept coming in (yes, it's from him) to enquire on my whereabout and also to ask if he could call me when I get home for a chit-chat. So, without hesitation, I replied that I am very tired, sleepy and will hit the sack once I get home. It seems that the message didnt get across clearly, as he called me when I was about to sleep. Chat for a while with 90% of my conversation hinting that I am very tired and sleepy.

The meet-up ended with the following verdict:
:: from the way he talks, I find him to be quite snobbish
:: not on the gentle or caring side as he kept pushing me to drink with him eventho he knew that I puked
:: no offence, but he kept disturbing me (as he called me non-stop the next day albeit I have told him that I am not free. To the extend, I have to switch off my phone)
:: kept asking if I am free to go out with him for lunch, dinner or 'yam cha'. Even for a short while also he would be delighted.

So, what do you think of this guy?

5 comments:

izchan said...

My my ... a desperate one.

My verdict? ... :) ... get a restraining order fast.

He definately has no "tact" when it comes to wooing a girl. But most of all, by the way you describe him, it seems to me his just trying to get lucky.

Hope you still enjoyed Rum Jungle.

Shizumi said...

Yup, he thought luck will fall to him. Frankly, I didnt really enjoy the place. :-P

Veron said...

hahahahaa........ pushy guy !!! LOL for me i straight away speed and run !!!! =p

Ciyou said...

I have this experience b4. But not drinking, he like to chat for 2 hours and more...on my mobile phone, very anoying.

But I manage to stop him from calling my mobile phone. That is to scold him rudely with no reason. Thats all

Shizumi said...

Hi Ayou,

Thanks for reading my blog. Hmm, yours sound more persistent. Sometimes people just need to be awaken directly. We are trying to be nice people but they force us to unleash ourselves. :P